In partnership with Crisis Response International (CRI), www.criout.com, we are pleased to present the following Chaplaincy training.
This course is open to everyone, with no prerequisites. It’s designed for anyone wanting to be equipped to minister in crisis situations. Both KTI and CRI strongly value meeting the practical needs of people in crisis, and we believe that meeting emotional and spiritual needs are just as important, if not more so. We therefore encourage everyone, not just those desiring to be chaplains, to get equipped in the topics presented here.
The course is broken into two sections – Basic and Advanced. The Basic section includes a simple introduction to Chaplaincy and crisis ministry, training in emotional and spiritual first aid using a 7 step model developed by CRI, sessions on loss and grief, theology of suffering, self care, and the importance of preparing your own heart for this work.
The Advanced section includes training from six different highly qualified instructors on subjects such as basic disaster chaplaincy, physiological first aid, stress, grief, theology of trauma, compassion fatigue, PTSD, healing prayer, self care, and much more. It contains four times more information than the Basic section.
Commitments of a KTI Chaplain
- Dedicated to a life of integrity and purity, faithful in study of the Word, prayer and worship, and walking in PHD (prophecy, healing, and deliverance)
- In agreement with KTI’s Vision and Statement of Faith
- Devoted to compassion, kindness, and ministering to others with the love of Jesus
- Understanding and carrying out what it means to be a good chaplain
- Committed to good self care, including one’s own emotional healing
- Involvement in ministry, whether self-directed or as part of KTI serving opportunities
- Attendance at KTI-ASL (Association of Servant-Leaders) quarterly gatherings
Successful completion of the entire course, plus agreement with the above commitments, is the first step toward certification as a KTI Chaplain.
To be considered for certification, a candidate must:
- Attend all 8 training classes
- Complete the application form
- Complete an interview with KTI leadership
- Receive an approved background check
- Submit a personal reference/recommendation letter
- Submit Personal resume
- Two passport photos (or current digital photo)
Some requirements may be waived at the discretion of KTI leadership, based on an applicant’s qualifications or experience.
Training Course Information
Schedule: 8 Classes, 1 – 5 pm
Dates: 2/17, 2/24, 3/10, 3/17, 3/31, 4/7, 4/21 (all are Saturdays)
Your payment includes a complete printed manual of all notes and information, access to audio files and other resources, plus an official custom KTI Chaplain badge (for those who are accepted for Certification).
PLEASE NOTE: Class size is limited to 20 students, so click below to Register now:
If you prefer to pay by check, please download our Registration Form and mail. Your Registration must be received by February 12, 2018.